Metalforum Exiles
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

Paean - Estonian Progressive Death/Doom Metal

+2
Monoliten
Paeanmusic
6 posters

Gå ner

Paean - Estonian Progressive Death/Doom Metal Empty Paean - Estonian Progressive Death/Doom Metal

Inlägg av Paeanmusic tis 4 jan - 9:40:01

http://www.myspace.com/paeanestonia

Paean is a progressive death/doom metal group which expresses itself with massive riffs and gloomy, apocalyptic stories. Founded in 2009.

Just uploaded new song The Radiant Moon, which will be on our debut concept album. Recording begins in summer 2011.

You can also download all the songs:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zrlgjlp87e3dlxc - The Radiant Moon

http://www.mediafire.com/?yomq2b6myc6ga2u - Absolute Solitude HQ

http://www.mediafire.com/?35o27roy1zfxk2e - An Overwhelming Rival HQ

http://www.mediafire.com/?hiwo2yyqybh7f9w - Forlorn HQ

Thank you!

Paeanmusic

Antal inlägg : 4

Till överst på sidan Gå ner

Paean - Estonian Progressive Death/Doom Metal Empty Sv: Paean - Estonian Progressive Death/Doom Metal

Inlägg av Monoliten tis 4 jan - 11:28:25

Well, the softer parts are fucking excellent, I really like the clean vocals, the heavy parts are a bit too progressive for me sometimes, for me to want to call this doom that is. The growls are also nice. Pretty sweet production, yeah I like it. I just want it a bit slower and heavier.

I'm going to move the Paean-thread 'cus I have a feeling you guys in Paean won't have so much fun on the other parts of this swedish forum.

Good luck guys, keep it slow!
Monoliten
Monoliten
Grand Bear Sebiwalrus Whiskyguzzler I

Antal inlägg : 5700

Paean - Estonian Progressive Death/Doom Metal Empty Sv: Paean - Estonian Progressive Death/Doom Metal

Inlägg av Geten tis 4 jan - 12:09:25

Sounded exactly like advertised! I had hoped for something even more 'out there' but I enjoyed everything except the clean vocals as they're too gentle for my taste. Only listened to 'The Radiant Moon' though.
Geten
Geten
Profeten Geten

Antal inlägg : 4777

Inlägg av Paeanmusic tis 4 jan - 12:50:23

Thank you for your response. We hope to share some more music soon!

Paeanmusic

Inlägg av Monoliten tis 4 jan - 13:05:01

Stop the press and shoot your horse, notorious whore and thunderboar?!

You wrote concept album, what will it be about? I have an extremely soft spot for concept albums. Looking forward to hearing it, so good luck this coming summer.
Monoliten
Monoliten

Antal inlägg : 5700

Inlägg av Paeanmusic ons 16 nov - 21:34:02

Paean released their first story-driven ep. Right now we are preparing our first full lenght album, which should be released 2012.

LIVIUM

Paean - Estonian Progressive Death/Doom Metal 40039913210005931276
Paean - Estonian Progressive Death/Doom Metal Imgp2329a

Crimson Seas (youtube)

Awakening (youtube)

The northern lands are now under the Vanir's regime. Odin and his bretheren defeated, their mortal sons forced to be slaves and refugees. The age of livium has begun - an indestructible metal alloy consisting of living cells, empowered by Aesir souls collected inside Yggdrassil. The remaining survivors are now in an uprising against the Vanir's regin of power. The Vanir lords have come up with a plan to destroy the faith of all the remaining humans...

Decades after the fall of Asgard, Rasmund, a former loyal berserker of Odin, is trapped inside the abode of the dead, Helheim, unable to forget the sight of his brother being slain by the king of justice, Baldr'. Suddenly he can feel himself being torn from the illusion of death, valkyries, the servants of Vanir, are tearing away his soul, erasing his self, in order to create a puppet for a most outrageous plot.

Order here: Via Nailboard records (worldwide shipping)

Official Site

thank you!

Senast ändrad av Paeanmusic den ons 16 nov - 22:50:56, ändrad totalt 1 gång

Paeanmusic

Inlägg av Carrion ons 16 nov - 21:38:38

Really awesome artwork! :D

Though I forgot to listen to your music. Embarassed

Will do it now!

Carrion
Carrion

Antal inlägg : 5778

Inlägg av Hammerheart ons 16 nov - 21:39:45

Fucking fantastic concept! Norse mythology and evil supremacy, maybe I will check it out some day!
Hammerheart
Hammerheart
The Banhammer

Antal inlägg : 4278

Inlägg av Paeanmusic ons 16 nov - 21:47:19

Nice to hear that. Artwork was painted by one young estonian - Erik Hallik, but sadly it's only his hobby.

Yes, we put together some things from Scandinavian Edda to get that cold and pagan feeling, and mixed it with Sci-Fi genre to really put our music into some aggressive action.

Paeanmusic

Inlägg av Countess tor 17 nov - 10:17:09

Sounded really nice! Listened to Crimson Seas.
Above expectations.
Countess
Countess

Antal inlägg : 1265

Inlägg av Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Till överst på sidan

- Liknande ämnen

Behörigheter i detta forum:
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet